Friday, May 27, 2011

First Ever, Found Object Friday

Working in a library I come across the strangest things left inside books. I thought that it would be an interesting idea to make a "Found Object" post every Friday! That way I can share my findings with you.

The first found object, which I think is one of the best, is a copy of the Kansas City Star from 1969. The fact that the paper has stayed relatively intact since 1969 is pretty amazing, but what is even more amazing is the content of this particular paper:



The date on the paper is July 26, 1969. At that time the cost to purchase it was 10 cents. Incredible! I was very excited when I opened the donated atlas (which was in terrible shape) and found this newspaper. I am going to try and see if we can preserve it and frame it. The inside has some really incredible 60's infographics about the mission and the space craft and I would love to frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment